Hey everyone! Today’s post is quick, to make up for yesterday’s detailed sewing steps. We’ll take the hood we finished last week (in this post) and the collar we worked on yesterday, and join them together as one.
Want to catch up on previous Sew-Along posts? Click the links below to read more:
- Join the Minoru Sew-Along: January 16th, 2012! (Find the Sew-Along badge here, too!)
- Why is the Minoru Jacket Pattern Not Suitable for Plaid Fabric?
- Guest Post: Caroline on Sewing Waterproof Outerwear
- Minoru Jacket Q & A
- Fabric Recommendations for the Minoru Jacket
- A Full Bust Adjustment on the Minoru Jacket, Courtesy of Alana
- Sew-Along Speed: How Fast Do You Want to Go?
- My Minoru Jacket Fabric Choices
- Five Ways to Tell if Your Fabric Is Water-Resistant
- Minoru Inspiration: Dots!
- Update: Minoru Sew-Along Starts on Monday!
- The Very First Minoru Muslin
- Minoru Sew-Along #1: Let’s Get Started!
- Minoru Sew-Along #2: Sewing Sleeves and Topstitching Tips
- What is Triple Stitch?
- Minoru Sew-Along #3: Gathering!
- How to Make Your Own Piping
- Minoru Sew-Along #4: Sewing the Hood
- Minoru Sew-Along #5: A Change in the Line-Up and Checking In
- Minoru Sew-Along #6: The Secret Hood Zipper
First, unzip your hood zipper.
Now take the constructed hood, and poke it through the zipper opening. The right side of the hood should be facing you. If you can see the inside of your hood (or your lined hood) you’ve got it backwards!
Pin along the lower raw edge of the hood and collar, matching the notches. I like to start in the centre, and work outwards towards.
Now, baste along this lower edge.
Now we’ll be able to attach the hood-collar unit to the jacket as one piece!
And that’s it for the day!
This also means that View B Sew-alongers will be joining us for the next step! If you’re making View B, you will be sewing one collar piece to the jacket, where the View A Sew-alongers will be attaching this whole hood-and-collar constructed piece.