Here is my Top 10 list of the projects I want to make this year:
1. A Statement Coat, in a bright colour. One of those coats that you can throw on over any outfit and look instantly put-together (even over old jeans and a tee!) Just make sure the shoes are good..
2. The perfect black skirt. Full, fitted at the waist for the perfect hourglass shape, in a fabric that works for both day and night.
3. A leopard print dress. Yes, I know, it can be cheesy. But in a classic shift shape, not too fitted or shiny? It will work, trust me.
4. A Little Black Dress. Perfectly fitted and classic, a work-to-evening staple.
5. On that note, a Little Tweed Dress. The office (or fall, if you prefer) version of the LBD. And all that texture hides imperfections – on me and the dress!
6. A cotton shirtdress – can you tell this is the Year of the Dress? In a bright colour, one of those easy pieces you can throw on with a great pair of heels.
7. This one is because I have to – a Gold Brocade Dress that may end up becoming a Gold Brocade Skirt. Funny story to follow…
8. A solid neutral-coloured pencil skirt. Sad to say I only own one pencil skirt and it gets more wear than every other skirt in my closet combined. It’s navy, so I’m thinking the second one should be taupe or classic camel.
9. Once I finish the neutral pencil skirt, let’s make another one in brights! I’m picturing RED, with T-strap pumps. Very sexy-secretary!
10. Something for my other half – because I have to make up for the ‘sewing room’ being a mess all the time! And it can’t all be for me, all the time.
Wow, 10 is a lot of projects to get done in a year when you break it down. Not to mention everything else I will find between now and then… and the fact that it’s halfway through February already… should have called it Top 5 instead.
The one thing that we who sew know is, we will all never, ever run out of projects to finish.