Happy Monday! To kick-start your week, here’s what I found inspirational over the past couple of days. So many cool things happening in blog-world!
- Amanda’s cool sweater – something to throw on, over a summery dress perhaps? What can’t you wear this with? If I sewed knits, I’d totally whip up a few of these.
- Casey makes a pretty rope belt inspired by Anthropologie! What a great idea, now to get my hands on some rope…
- If i were to get into sewing knits, this would be the first thing I’d make: (I just realize that I’ve picked two lovely items sewn with knits this week. Time to consider venturing into knit sewing?)
- It’s not sewing related, but it’s on a sewing blog so it totally counts… I really want to see the Pyramids in my lifetime and these photos got me excited.
- Alli from One Pearl Button has such cute taste. Here, she shows us the ideal outfit for vacationing in Italy. Wish I was there!
- Tilly’s vintage party dress is all tied up with the cutest red bow! Perfectly classic. I love the red accent! Draws attention right to the waistline.
- For us Vancouver, BC seamstresses, there’s a new Sewing Lounge in town – Spool of Thread! Looks so very cool, I’m excited to drop by and check it out soon. (Probably take one of my non-sewing friends with me, I’ll work on converting them all, one at a time…) Visit their site here, or browse Petite Josette‘s photos from her visit.
- And it’s only partly sewing-related, but I learned a new word this week – polter-wang, courtesy of Brooke @ the daily skirt.
- Best refashion of a man’s shirt I’ve seen! By Stefi, no wonder her blog is called ‘just chic!’
- Another Vancouverite, Jasonda Desmond, launches a line of organic digital prints! So pretty, soft colours and a seaside theme. This one’s my favourite. What can I make with just a half-yard – the top half of Macaron perhaps? Which makes me wonder, would you pay more per metre for organic fabric, or does the price make it prohibitive for you? Do you see the value in eco-friendly fabric?
If you could pick, what day of the week are you most in need of inspiration? I’d like to do a weekly round-up but I need a schedule to keep me on track. I’m a rules kind-of-girl. Boring perhaps, but definitely organized!
Happy sewing everyone!