Meaning me, of course! And you, fellow sewing enthusiasts! Here’s my stealth way of asking for useful, sewing-related Christmas gifts. It’s oh so subtle, I know!
Yes, I buy a lot of fabric.. but I’m not big on wanting or asking for a lot of stuff. My family draws names, which makes it so easy! We pick one special gift for one person, instead of scrambling to buy for everyone. And even then I find it hard to think of things I need! So this year, I’ve thought ahead and came up with a list of useful sewing-related gifts that will definitely be loved and appreciated!
If I’ve been good this year, and am lucky enough to receive gifts from family and friends, here’s what I’d love to open on Christmas morning!
- A thread pegboard: Mega-Rack for regular thread, and Jumbo Cone Rack for serger thread. Yes! Right now my threads are stored in a toolbox-type holder, it works but it’s not very accessible and I never put my threads away properly. Serger threads are in a plastic tote bin, in the closet. I end up lining them up on my bookshelf for easier access. It works until I wave my arms around excitedly and knock them onto the floor… yes, it happens in my world. (Hence why I have a magnetic pincushion! Great gift idea also, if you don’t already have one…)
- A nice chalk marker tool like this one. I use an old-school chunk of chalk from college. (Good stocking stuffer idea!)
- Books, books, books! Look, I made it easy and put it all on an Amazon wishlist for easy reference.
- A seam roll. I bought a ham over the summer but didn’t splurge for the second tool. (PS. Give a pretty ham or seam roll to someone you love! Check out The Cupcake Goddess’s lovely handmade hams and seam rolls in her shop.)
- Colette Patterns’ Crepe Dress. Isn’t this adorable? No closures, just a sweet and simple wrap dress, that I would love to add to my collection!
- Pins. I am forever running out of pins. I like the ones with the shiny pearly ends, easier to pick up and see!
- Gift certificates: Button Button, Fabricana, all the good shops. You may think I don’t need any more fabric, but I disagree!
I’ve been good this year, I’m sure of it! (I sure hope so, since coal doesn’t do anything to feed my sewing addiction…)
What about you? Any sewing-related gifts you’re hoping for this year? Are you giving sewing gifts to someone else? If so, share! (Help me build my not-so-secret wishlist, too!)