Another round-up post! This is a good one for reference as I’ve listed all of the sewing tips and tutorials posted this year. Some are more detailed than others, some are simply a tip or an interesting thing we posted about. I decided that no tip was too small or too silly to share. Whenever I thought of something that might be useful to someone, somewhere, up it went!
My favourite thing about posting tips or tutorials is all of the other great suggestions that come up when we start talking about pins, or needles, or choosing thread colour. Read through the comments for even more tips and recommendations!
- Sewing Stripes: What Colour Thread?
- An Alternative to Tracing Patterns: Photocopy!
- Thrift-Store Rescue: Patching a Lining
- Re-using Old Muslins for New Muslins
- Is Your Invisible Zipper End Scratchy?
- A Hand-Picked Zipper in the Cambie Dress
- Saltspring Sew-Along! (So much more than just one tip, this link will take you to all of the related posts!)
- The Bombshell Swimsuit: Pear-Shaping the Pattern
- Quick & Easy Sewing Tip: Cutting on dark surfaces
- Sewing a Knit Saltspring Dress: Some Tips & Tricks!
- The Embarrasingly-named Klutz Glove (not really a tip, but a hint on a safety glove!)
- Recover an ironing board, quickly!
- Arm-ed and Dangerous not really a tip either, but includes links to tutorials!
Did you find any of these tips especially useful this year?